Since 2003 CFCCA has coordinated a residency programme which invites artists, researchers and writers to live and work in a purpose built studio within our building. Additionally, we work with partner organisations to develop the careers of UK-based artists and foster cultural exchange through international exchange programmes.
Our residency programme gives artists an international platform from which to raise their profile, dedicated space and time to develop projects, and curatorial and practical support from CFCCA’s team, while enriching the existing arts ecology of Manchester. Each resident at CFCCA will have support to deliver public-facing projects, workshops and talks, as well as a short exhibition or Open Studio. We support our residents to connect with the local arts ecology, organisations and communities in the city and nationally, in line with their practice and research.
Recent artist residencies at CFCCA:
- Archive & Library Residency (Jul – Sep 2020): Hayley Suviste
- Archive & Library Residency (Sep – Nov 2020): Frances Yeung
- British Council Artist-in-Residence: Dorothy Cheung (February – April 2020)
- Taipei Artist Village Exchange: Liu Yunyi and Shamica Ruddock (September – December 2019)
- Videotage Hong Kong Exchange: Andrew Luk and Bahar Noorizadeh (July – September 2019)
- TAV Residency Exchange: Will Pham (September – December 2018)
- Ya-chu Kang (September – December 2018)
Any future residency opportunities will be advertised on our Open Calls page.