Visitor Services Volunteer
Our Visitor Services team usually contribute one day or two half days per week on a rota, for a minimum of 3 months. They support us during our public opening hours of 10am – 5pm Tuesday to Sunday, as well as at occasional public events such as exhibition launches.
The role is customer-facing, working from our reception desk to provide a warm welcome to our visitors and offering information about the organisation and our programme. Other tasks include: processing sales through our shop, responding to telephone and email enquiries, general administrative support, collecting and collating audience data and evaluation, house-keeping and stock-taking.
As a small team we are happy to support volunteers to learn more about other areas in the organisation, and will try to accommodate this wherever possible, for example through joining team meetings, shadowing staff or helping out at our events.
Some prior experience in customer service roles and cash-handling is beneficial but not essential as training will be provided. We are looking for volunteers who are enthusiastic about our work, who love to meet and engage with new people and have an interest in learning more about gallery operations.
We are currently accepting applications to volunteer in Visitor Services:
- Tuesday – Friday, contributing one day (9.30am – 5.30pm) or two half days ( 9.30am – 1pm and/or 12.30pm – 5.30pm) per week on a rota, for a minimum of 3 months.
- Desirable skills: Spoken Mandarin or Cantonese
How to apply
To apply for the above opportunity please send a copy of your current CV, a personal statement of no more than 1 side of A4, and 2 referees to firstname.lastname@example.org with ‘Visitor Services volunteer’ in the subject line.
To help us determine whether you would be a suitable candidate your statement should cover the following points:
- Why are you interested in completing a volunteer placement at Centre for Chinese Contemporary Art?
- Any relevant skills, experience or qualifications you will bring to the role, referring to the role descriptions
- How do you intend to develop your skills and experience with us?
- Your availability and the amount of time you can commit
Deadline: Monday 26 August, 12pm